Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Letting Go....Moving on....Setting free

 When is it okay to let go of grudges and past hurts that people have inflicted on us over the years. When do you forgive the close friend that hooked up  with a guy that you liked or your baby father who cheated on you when you were young and left you scarred. Or even the parents who you feel did not love or support you enough growing up. 
  The hurts that these things and many other situations bought, the tears spent crying and the brokenness that came along with it over the years. How can you really ever  let it go because every time the memory hits you, it still comes with a degree of hurt at just the mere thought of it, even if it happened years ago. 
  I have learn from my own hurts over the years that the hard part is not really forgiving but the hardest most difficult part was letting it go. Once saying I forgive you, not bringing it up every time the opportunity presented itself. Not replaying the situation in my head over and over but actually letting it release from my psyche as the words I forgive you are released from my lips. I know it's much easier said then done but one day I asked myself after years of feeling sorry for myself and the way things had turned out for me, "Why do you hold your self in bondage,when you are free?"
 That was indeed the most profound thing I had ever spoken into my own life. Those people who have hurt you have moved on whether they are happy or not they are moved on and you are still stuck in the past. Holding on to hurts that are no longer holding on too you. You are free to move on and be free and yet you choose to stay in bondage. 
 Does the past bring up hurtful things, HELL YEAH!! Is it hard to forgive and let go, another  HELL YEAH!!! However, it's easier to forgive and move on and be free than to live in bondage for the rest of your days on this earth .....30S&S...signing off......

2 comments:

  1. This post hit the spot!!! I think that everyone on a daily basis needs to leave to let go of past hurts that people have done to your self and most importantly the hurts that we ourselves put on people. We need to know to fogrgive in order to receive the blessings that God has in store for us. God doesn't want us to carry around a heavy yolk of the past hurts.

    ReplyDelete